I have looked at you
in millions of ways and
I have loved you in each
Historic Black and White Pictures Restored in Color
- Women Delivering Ice, 1918
- Times Square, 1947
- Portrait Used to Design the Penny. President Lincoln Meets General McClellan – Antietam, Maryland ca September 1862
- Marilyn Monroe, 1957
- Newspaper boy Ned Parfett sells copies of the evening paper bearing news of Titanic’s sinking the night before. (April 16, 1912)
- Easter Eggs for Hitler, c 1944-1945
- Sergeant George Camblair practicing with a gas mask in a smokescreen – Fort Belvoir, Virginia, 1942
- Helen Keller meeting Charlie Chaplin in 1919
- Painting WWII Propaganda Posters, Port Washington, New York – 8 July 1942
- Construction of the Golden Gate Bridge ca 1935
This is awesome.
Not something I’d typically reblog but I like.
I almost thanked you for
teaching me something about survival
but then I remembered
that the ocean never
handed me the gift of swimming.
I gave it to myself.
I’m restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again.
The winter always depresses the shit out of me. I think it must be the way the sun reflects off the snow in a feeble attempt to light up the world. It could be the way the day dies at 4 o’clock in the afternoon or the way the night sweeps over me like a thick blanket. I always bundle up but can never warm the cold isolation I sometimes feel in the pit of my stomach. I’m so tired of shivering at night. I’m so tired of seeing her breath instead of tasting it.